Calendar: 2017 – 2018
Boot Hill Fossil Site
Open for digging 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. (days of the week follow below).
- Spring: May 3 thru May 27 Wednesday – Sunday
- Summer: May 28 thru Sept. 3 Daily (CLOSED Labor Day)
- Fall: Sept.6 thru Oct. 29 Wednesday – Sunday
- Winter: Oct. 30 thru May 2 Site is Closed
The fossil site closes at 4 p.m., so the latest time to begin digging is 3 p.m.
15-1 North Kean
Republic, WA 99166
Phone & Email
- Email Us
From Omak, WA:
Drive State Hwy 97 North to Tonakset. From Tonasket take Hwy 20 E. to Republic, WA. As you enter the town of Republic, turn left onto N. Kean Street. Stonerose will be on your immediate left.
From Colville, WA:
Drive US-395 N from Colville, WA. Turn left onto Hwy 20 W. Turn left onto W 6th St. Turn right at the 1st cross street onto N. Kean St. Stonerose Interpretive Center will be on the left.
Stonerose Interpretive Center & Gift Store
Open year round: 8am to 4pm!
- November 1 thru April 22: Tuesday thru Saturday
- May 3 thru May 27: Wednesday thru Sunday
- May 28 thru September 3: Open Daily
- September 6 thru October 29: Wednesday thru Sunday
Stonerose Boot Hill Dig and Center are open to student classes, and private groups. Since we are primarily a volunteer organization, if you are bringing a school or other large group, please contact us regarding your date and time, so that we have adequate staff available to assist you.