Location and Hours
15-1 North Kean
Republic, WA 99166
(15 N. CLARK is our TEMPORARY Location. It is on the main street of Republic at the intersection of Clark and Hwy 20 W.).
Phone & Email
- Email Us
From Omak, WA:
Drive State Hwy 97 North to Tonakset. From Tonasket take Hwy 20 E. to Republic, WA. As you enter the town of Republic, turn left onto N. Kean Street. Stonerose will be on your immediate left.
From Colville, WA:
Drive US-395 N from Colville, WA. Turn left onto Hwy 20 W. Turn left onto W 6th St. Turn right at the 1st cross street onto N. Kean St. Stonerose Interpretive Center will be on the left.
Hours for 20-21 Changed due to the COVID virus
Boot Hill Fossil Site
Open for digging 9 am – 4 pm (days of the week follow below).
- July 1 thru September 6: Open Wednesday-Sunday : 9am – 4pm
- September 9 thru October 31: Wednesday thru Sunday : 9am – 4pm
- November 3, 2020 – April 17 , 2021: Site is Closed for the Winter
Site is closed for Labor Day..
The fossil site closes at 4 pm, the latest time to begin digging is 3 pm
Stonerose Interpretive Center & Gift Store
Open year round:
Special hours due to Covid…
- July 1 thru September 6: Open Wednesday-Sunday : 9am – 5pm
- September 9 thru October 31: Tuesday – Saturday : 9am – 5pm
- November 5-April 17: Thursday-Saturday 15 CLARK AVE. LOCATION ONLY
Center is closed for Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
If you have a school class or group or belong to an organization or just have a group of friends that would like to explore the Boot Hill Fossil Site. Set up a date by scheduling your visit with the staff of Stonerose. The Fossil Site is open on the days and hours shown above. Groups should plan on contacting Stonerose staff 10 days in advance.