Location and Hours
15-1 North Kean
Republic, WA 99166
Phone & Email
- Email Us
From Omak, WA:
Drive State Hwy 97 North to Tonakset. From Tonasket take Hwy 20 E. to Republic, WA. As you enter the town of Republic, turn left onto N. Kean Street. Stonerose will be on your immediate left.
From Colville, WA:
Drive US-395 N from Colville, WA. Turn left onto Hwy 20 W. Turn left onto W 6th St. Turn right at the 1st cross street onto N. Kean St. Stonerose Interpretive Center will be on the left.
Hours for 2019
Boot Hill Fossil Site
Open for digging 8 am – 4 pm (days of the week follow below).
- May 1 thru May 19: Wednesday thru Sunday
- May 22 thru September 4: Open Daily (CLOSED Labor Day)
- September 4 thru November 3: Wednesday thru Sunday
- November 4, 2019 thru April 29, 2020: Site is Closed for the Winter
The fossil site closes at 4 pm, the latest time to begin digging is 3 pm
Stonerose Interpretive Center & Gift Store
Open year round:
- May 1 thru May 19: Wednesday thru Sunday : 8am – 5pm
- May 22 thru September 4: Open Daily : 8am – 5pm
- September 5 thru November 3: Wednesday thru Sunday : 8am – 5pm
- November 4, 2018 – April 18 , 2020: Tuesday – Saturday : 9am – 5pm
Center is closed for Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
If you have a school class or group or belong to an organization or just have a group of friends that would like to explore the Boot Hill Fossil Site. Set up a date by scheduling your visit with the staff of Stonerose. The Fossil Site is open on the days and hours shown above. Groups should plan on contacting Stonerose staff 10 days in advance.